Pages


Oregon Coast




I honestly think that my favorite part of the US is the North Eastern coast. It's so green and mysterious - oh, and the Fall! I love Fall in general, but it was unbelievably beautiful where we were in Oregon. Plus, we drove right by a tree farm and all of the leaves were bright yellow. It was gorgeous! Our first stop was right on the coast at a state park and it was so calming. The beach was really quiet and there was a lot of fog with no sun, but I loved it. All you could hear were the waves and the sand was so soft and perfect. I could have spent a lifetime right on that beach. We took a couple of day trips out to Cannon Beach and another town to check out some touristy places and watch a movie - The Intern (btw, it was a great movie - go watch it!). After such a stressful time at work it was so nice to get away with just Ryan. We really needed this time together. After a couple of days we headed to Portland and that was fun. Everyone told us to head to Voodoo Donuts so we did and they had an interesting selection of donuts to say the least, but I loved the pink box that the donuts come in. After grabbing donuts we went to a great Thai restaurant and then to Powell Bookstore - oh, how I wish I could take weekend trips to Portland just for the book store. It had such a great selection and I didn't even get to see everything. Oh, and I found the most amazing thrift shop while we were there! I wish I could have spent days thrifting in Portland. We definitely didn't have enough time in general to explore the area. I can't wait to go back one day, but until then I'll just have to keep discovering Utah.
























Leave a Comment

Post a Comment