Pages


Can Summer Come Any Faster This Year?




Summer Plans I'm quite ready for it to be May/June time right now for several reasons. First off, I'm graduating in May - woo! woo! Then I'm taking a couple days off after graduation to visit San Diego with my sister and nephew. It's been almost three years since I've been there and I can't wait to explore the city. If you guys have any must see/ to do's let me know! I usually just eat a ton of sushi and visit the beaches while I'm there.
After getting back from San Diego I will then start prepping for our month long trip to Thailand and Japan! I'm so excited x10! I've been waiting for this trip for about two years. Every summer we think we're going to go something comes up and we decide to extend it. Luckily, Ryan is required to study abroad in order to graduate for his International Studies major so it was bound to happen no matter what. We will be flying to Bangkok on June 4th and getting there the 5th, then flying to Chiang Mai the 6th, and finally to Mae Hong Son on the 7th. Our program is only for 10 days and we'll be working in one of the Thai-Burma refugee camps, which we're quite excited about.
Once our program is done we're going back to Chiang Mai and will be able to take about a week to explore the area. Again, if you have any suggests I would love to hear them! Ryan is making sure we're going to visit any Hmong villages near by and I definitely want to visit the night market, so you know, I can shop. We're then flying down to Phuket to do some island hopping. I'm not exactly sure what our plan is as of right now, but all I know is that I'm going to spend a lot of time in the water. I HATE hot weather and Thailand is hot and humid, especially in June so staying cool will be tough. I think someone should invent a constant portable air conditioner before we leave on our trip.
After island hopping in Phuket area we will be going back up to Bangkok and spending a couple of days there. I'm so excited to see the city and I'm so excited for the hotel we decided to splurge on. I'm hoping that we will be able to visit all of the temples possible while we're there. They look absolutely magnificent in the pictures I've seen. Luckily, being modest won't be an issue while visiting them.
We're then going to be flying to Tokyo on June 29th and there's so much I want to see and do there. I wish we had another month to explore the country, but we will only be there for about five days. My goal while I'm there is to climb Mt. Fuji, but I definitely have to prep before we leave Utah. Luckily, we have mountains to practice on here, although I heard that Mt. Fuji is fairly easy to hike, except towards the top it starts to get quite steep. If you provide me an address I will send you guys a postcard at the top ;). Ryan's goal in Tokyo is to start at a microcube hotel because you know, who wouldn't want to stay in a mini closet. It will be a fun experience though. I, personally, want to maybe visit Sanrio World, but I don't know. It's so hard to choose between places. All I know is that I just want to eat all of the sushi and ramen I can while I'm there.

Packing List Draft:
Oh, and packing question for those who know, should I bring my laptop or would that be a waste of space? I have an ipad that I could bring instead.

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment