Pages


Happy 3 Year Anniversary!















I can't believe it's been 3 years since I got married. Time has flown by so quickly. Just a little over a year ago we were meeting with our bishop about how to solve some problems we were having and he told us something about marriage that I didn't exactly understand at the moment, but I totally get now. He said that marriage is selfish and unselfish. It's selfish because we want that person to be with us for eternity and it's unselfish because we are giving ourselves to another person for eternity. Sometimes I really need Ryan and sometimes there are times when I feel like I'm giving Ryan my all. I'm not really sure how to explain why I now understand what my bishop was talking about, but I've learned that marriage or being in a committed relationship in general teaches you a lot about who you are and at the same time pushes those limits and boundaries of who you are. You change, but in a way where you're not losing yourself, but drawing closer to who you want to be. 




Leave a Comment

Post a Comment