Pages


What Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up?




Now that my college years have come to an end I have been bombarded with the question of a question that I could answer so confidently as a five year old even though my answered changed every week: What do you want to be (now that you're grown up) or where do I see myself in the future? I'm not as confident in my answer as I was a couple decades ago, but I do know that after countless volunteer and internship opportunities plus the work experience I've gained the past four years I've learned what I want out of the organization I will be working for. I want an organization that encourages diversity in their employees and the demographic they work with. I have also found that great coworkers and supervisors make a such a vital difference in your work experience and how much you can learn in your position. It took me a while, but I've discovered I love working with children and I'm great at teaching them. I feel truly passionate at making a difference in such a young generation. I can't wait to see where Head Start takes me in the start of my career. I truly believe in this organization and their mission to support children and their families out of poverty. Hopefully, I can add in a couple of trips abroad to expand my experience and perspective as well, but otherwise I'm crossing my fingers and hoping this is the start of an exciting lifetime.

The first picture I took when I got to BYU-Idaho with my cousin, Der. It was the start of a new adventure!

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment