Pages


What Day of the Week Is it?












Early this morning I woke up and my hair was a mess. Last night when I showered I didn't know if the canister where they kept what looked like soap and shampoo, was actually shampoo so my hair was all dry this morning. My hair also never fully dried since it was sooooo humid. I dealt with it and tied my hair into a low ponytail since I knew today was going to be just as hot and humid anyways.

I'm probably going to say this until I get back to the United States but breakfast was so delicious as usual. It was a great start to a long day of presentations. As Ryan and I walked to the IRC building there were a couple of stray dogs (that Ryan claimed tried to kill him) on the sidewalk so we quickly breezed past them but they started to follow us and bark loudly, but luckily, one of the shop keepers took out his stick and started yelling at them. He basically saved my life. 

We went directly to the camp this morning and it was soooo bumpy. We were basically four wheeling up the mountain through the jungle. I will surely miss having this daily ride. Once we got to the camp we divided into our groups. I was with JRS, which consisted of the home school liaison, which is kind of like the school counsellors, and special education aides. We started with an ice breaker and then I set up my presentation since I was going first. I was so nervous because I didn't know what to expect. Was I going to have to beg for participation or would people be bored the whole time? I started out by showing them a picture of my family and sharing that my parents once lived in a camp just like theirs. This definitely was a right move. They started talking a little more amongst themselves and were smiling at me and making eye contact. The demographic I was presenting was different from what I was expecting so I quickly improvised and cut out 3/4 of my presentation and changed my questions to be more reveal the to them. I think overall it went well, but I wish I had more engaging activities but I ran out of time for what I had planned. The rest of the presentation were great and the group really opened up. The rest of the presentations were great and there was a lot of laughter and sharing of memories and experiences. I am excited for tomorrow's presentations where Dane and I are mostly going to be playing games that parents can do with their own children.


Leave a Comment

Post a Comment